Today we also got a full tour of the Radio City Music Hall. We even met Emily, one of the 200 Rockettes. We also window shopped on 5th Ave, stopped in Build-a-Bear, went in the American Girl Store (can you tell I'm hanging out with a 9 year old??), saw Rockefeller Plaza, waved at NBC studios, walked 10 miles (not really, but it sure feels like it), ate chocolate at M&M World and the Hershey store, and played in Toys R Us.
The highlight of the day was seeing Phantom of the Opera. It's the longest running show ever on Broadway. I've seen it before but this was my first time seeing it on Broadway and I'm past the point of no return...I'm hooked on Broadway! The special effects were simply amazing.
Riding home on the train and bus gave me a lot of time to think, especially since we had some delays when the train kept stopping. I felt a little out of place when we boarded the bus at midnight in Queens after coming up out of the subway station, we were the only white people in sight. I've felt like that before, I remembered when I went to the emergency room in downtown LA, Cali in the middle of the night...but that's another story. My adventures here continue tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment