Monday, July 5, 2010

Slow down and Relax

At the Vista Serena hostel on June 18th I woke up to this:

There were iguanas everywhere, inside and out! The one in the rafters above our beds was a lot bigger than the little guy whose picture I posted above but I didn't get his picture.

That day we went to the beach at Manuel Antonino, a national park. We did some shopping, saw a sloth, and we saw lots of capuchin (white face) monkeys. They were everywhere!
We had to hold on to our stuff,
watch out...they might take your sunglasses!

I had to chase a monkey away from our stuff at the beach too. One of my friends wasn't as lucky...a raccoon got away with her mango!

Most of the day we just hung out at the beach. It was beautiful!

It was at this beach that I checked something off my bucket list...but I won't write it here.
All I will say is yes, it was broad daylight and we were in the ocean.

Later that day we watched some of the surf instructors play soccer

That night we hung out at the hostel and just played cards and talked for a while.
Later we went dancing at a club named Bambu Jam...it's something I'd rather forget
but now I can chalk it up as a life experience.

Just remember if you're ever in Quepos
you need to follow the signs...

Slow down for people, dogs, sloths, and monkeys.
Take time to relax too!

No comments: