Monday, July 12, 2010

Another sunny place I'm lucky I know...

It's sad to say but this will be my final Costa Rica post.
I can't stop thinking about the trip. Costa Rica changed me!
I'd love to go back.
Two members of our group flew out early June 21. The rest of us decided to have one last adventure since our flight didn't leave until that afternoon. So we drove up Volcano Poas, north of San Jose. It was a beautiful drive!

We also saw more skinny cows...they were all over Costa Rica!

We got a little lost on the way back to the car rental
but we still made it there with time to spare.
We turned in a well used SUV.
Then Scamber (not sure on the spelling but
he's the guy at the car rental that helped us) took us to the airport.

I was sad to leave but it was good to go home.
By that time all of my stuff was wet and smelly
from the humidity and all the time at the beach.

After changing planes in Houston we arrived in Denver about 11pm... sunburned, tired, and happy! That's when the problems started. We couldn't find a shuttle for our hotel where we had parked. I even called but no one picked up, it just rang. So we rode a shuttle that took us to a hotel on same street as ours. We told the driver to stop at a random car just because we felt silly we had taken a wrong shuttle intentionally. By then it was already 11:45!
Here is our 'new' car:

We walked to our hotel but our real car was gone. Seriously, just gone. The front desk staff were no help and they couldn't tell us where it was. After an hour of calling tow companies looking for the car we eventually called the police. The officer thought it had been stolen because it didn't show up on any of the towing records! Not long after that we found it parked in the back parking lot of the hotel. It was a serious break down of communication between staff and management! We were glad to have a way home though and decided to just drive through the night.

For the drive home I started in the back seat
and put my feet up because by then they had turned into balloons!

It was a new experience for me (swollen feet) and one I hope to never repeat on any future vacations! I guess it was a combination of traveling and a bad sunburn.
Thankfully they were back to normal after a few days.

It was a long night with only one short stop at a rest stop to sleep.
We didn't stay long but it was enough time for me
to have a weird dream about one of us getting kidnapped!
I was happy to get home early the next morning.

Costa Rica...Pura Vida!

No comments: