Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This year I've noticed more people saying "happy holidays." I even heard someone say "merry holiday." I sometimes wish people would stop trying to be so PC and just say Merry Christmas or even Happy Christmas! Christ is the reason we celebrate. We should remember Him. Like Elder Uchtdorf said in his talk last week during the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional, can we see Christ in Christmas? I think it's an important question to ask ourselves.

I also found this quote from President Packer, it was an excerpt printed in the Church News recently from a talk he gave at BYU back in December 1962 but it still applies today:

Of all times of the year, at Christmastime
Latter-day Saints ought
to be the most joyful, ought to have
greater cause for festivity
than anyone, ought to enjoy the
Christmas tree and the
holly wreath and the stockings
and the mistletoe and gifts
and toys and children and even
reindeer that can fly!
When you accept the true account of
the birth of Christ,
it will indeed
"Bring thee the light of thy childhood again."

No comments: