Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Monday...

It's been an interesting Monday at work with a colorful variety of people. I gave a man instructions about how to apply for food stamps but I'm not sure if he understood. When he walked away he nearly passed out in the lobby since he was so drunk.
I've also had to deal with A LOT of people today who give me blank stares when I give them information. I guess they're either in shock or don't understand government policies (I'm guessing it's the second option...unfortunately too many policies don't make sense no matter how you explain them).
Today I've also had a few things that made me laugh out loud. At one point around lunch time I had a huge line and I was helping a lady at the desk. A little Hispanic lady passed everyone in line and told the lady I was currently helping "you need to step aside and wait a minute so she can help me." I told her that she needed to wait for me to at least finish helping the customer I was with. She said "no I don't because she already stepped aside and is willing to wait." Unbelievable! I told her she needed to wait her turn and she got all huffy then left the building without even waiting to be helped. Talk about having no patience!
I saved the best for last. One of my co-workers told me that she took a call today for a man that was calling in for an interview on a disability medicaid application. She asked him if he had a disability that prevented him from working and he actually said "none other than the fact I'm a guy." She fought to keep her composure while she told him that isn't a valid disability. She laughed when she told me and we agreed that something must be wrong if he willingly admitted that!
It's all in a days work for a Monday!

No comments: