It's eerily quiet at work today. Maybe people have started their 4th of July celebrations a little early or they're hiding somewhere to stay out of the heat. Whatever the reason I don't mind a quiet moment as a break from the craziness I usually deal with.
My friend at work told me a story that I think is blog worthy. We deal with some interesting people here as you can tell if you have read my previous entries. Anyway, she told me that last week a woman called in on our interview line hoping to get child care assistance for her "babies." As the worker proceeded with the interview and tried to get more information they discovered the woman was trying to get child care for her dogs! The worker then had to try and explain to her that we could only provide care for human children and not her "babies." Sad but true.
This week I've been having some strange dreams. Maybe it's the allergy medicine I take to help me breathe at night so I can sleep or maybe it's a sign I think about work too much! The weirdest one yet was when I dreamed I had applied for medicaid and the worker I talked to asked me to bring in my immunization record. Well, I did but then they told me they couldn't accept it because there was a discrepancy on the record so I had to go file for a change through the court. K, if you know anything about the medicaid application process this is a sure sign work has me stressed out! Funny though cause I just had a vacation. I guess I need a longer break!
No comments:
Post a Comment