This week has been crazy so far! Yesterday PCN (Primary Care Network) opened enrollment. It's been nearly a year since it last opened and people have been applying in unheard of numbers. Enough people applied online that it actually caused the online system to crash. What a mess! This pushed more people to come to the office since they couldn't get through on the internet. We had lines out the door!
I did get a good laugh yesterday though which helped me get through the day. The funny moment came when I talked with a little old lady who loves to talk. She's less than 5 feet tall and about 80 years old. She's a "frequent flier" in the office (meaning we seem to see her a lot). She's a little difficult to deal with though since she doesn't like to be corrected or interrupted and she's particular about who she'll talk to. She kept telling me over and over again "I don't want no homo on my case!" I was surprised at first and a little confused. I couldn't figure out if she was talking about her case worker or what. After several minutes I finally figured out she was talking about medical HMO's! Too funny. Definitely a big difference from "homos"!
Today was busy too but nothing really stood out to me. I gladly welcomed a break in the middle of the afternoon when I went to the chiropractor. I snuck a nap in while I had the heating pad on my neck. It was nice. However, at the end of treatment today my chiropractor did acupuncture on me and also put an herbal patch on my back. Kind of interesting and it hurts tonight but it's supposed to make a huge difference in the long run. Hope it works!
No comments:
Post a Comment