It's been a slow day at the office. I guess with the nice weather everyone is outside playing. I assume they'll all show up next Monday since rain is predicted. I do have 2 stories that stood out to me today though.
The first was the funniest. A man was frustrated with all the paperwork required to get his case approved. He then proceeded to tell me he feels like his worker is holding a moving ring of fire and he has to jump through it several times to get anything accomplished on his case. The fun part was that he was hopping up and down as he explained the rings of fire. :)
The second story was a man that came to the desk with questions on a case. There are 3 of us that work at the front counter. He went to one of my co-workers first and didn't like the answer he got so he left. A few minutes later he came back and asked my other c0-worker the same thing and was given the same answer then walked away again. I couldn't help but smile when he walked up to me a few minutes later asking the same question. I told him the same answer and he walked away frustrated and upset. We only sit a few feet apart at the desk so it's not like I didn't notice what my co-workers were doing. Especially since he was the only one in the lobby! It brought to mind the quote by Albert Einstein "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." If he'd listened the first time and done what was needed to solve the problem he would have saved himself some frustration.
I was just getting ready to leave for the day when the police showed up at the office. I guess a cat was hit in the parking lot. The cat is still alive but it's obvious the back leg is very broken. The officer is calling in another unit to come put the cat down. Poor thing. It provides a little excitement to end the day though. Can't say I'm too sad...I hate cats!
1 comment:
A dead cat is a good cat!
Post a Comment