Monday, May 30, 2011

Baked Red Kale Chips

A few weeks ago I sampled some kale chips at a church activity and I was pleasantly surprised. They are a healthy, crunchy, and salty snack. It's a great substitute for chips. I decided to try making them today. It was so easy and they turned out great!
All you need to make them is
1 bunch of kale (I used red kale), olive oil, and seasoned salt.
(Red Kale)
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems with a knife or kitchen shears then tear into bite size pieces. Wash and then thoroughly dry kale using a salad spinner. Spread out on baking sheet then drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
(Before baking)
Bake until it's crispy and the edges start to turn brown,
it takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
(After baking)
The picture makes it look more brown
than it is, it's actually still pretty green.

Ready to sample the yumminess!
You can store these in a ziplock bag for a few days, if they last that long! If you are looking for a healthy, crunchy snack you should give these a try. You might discover that you love kale chips too!

No comments: