Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fall Fun

This week I had fun playing in the leaves
with my niece and nephew.
It brought back a lot of memories. At the house we lived in until I was 11 there was a big maple tree in the front yard. I spent many hours in that tree. There was also a large walnut tree. So when the leaves would drop in the fall we would have huge piles in the front yard. We used to make "leaf houses" and play in them for hours. We also used to give each other rides in the wheelbarrow so it was fun to see the kids doing that too.
My niece wanted me to bury her in the leaves.
Don't you love that smile!
When the time came to clean up the leaves we had to put them in bags. The best part (as the kids discovered this week) was sitting on the bag to squish the leaves in. So fun!
I found this picture of me with my sisters in our old front yard.
I was almost 3 in this picture (I'm on the left).
I also used to climb up the light pole you see in the background
on the left but that's a story for another day.

No comments: