Sunday, October 3, 2010

Faith Reborn: The Saints in Ukraine

I love general conference weekend! I know they broadcast videos in between sessions but I don't usually watch them. Today I got sucked in to the presentation about the Kyiv temple and the saints in Ukraine. You can watch the video online at this link BYUtv - Faith Reborn: The Saints in Ukraine. It's worth taking the time to watch. It's the story of these faithful people. It tells how the temple was first announced 12 years ago in 1998, it took 4 years to obtain property and another 5 years to obtain a building permit. Construction didn't start until 2007 and it took 3 years to complete. The temple district takes in 9 countries that are former Soviet nations.
The broadcast also shows the cultural celebration the people put on for President Thomas S. Monson when he went to Ukraine for the temple dedication. You'll even get to see a short clip of President Monson opening the celebration by playing a short song on the piano! It's obvious these people have such a strong testimony of the gospel. It's wonderful to see how the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is literally spreading like wildfire through the county. The missionaries told how they had well over 1000 referrals from the temple open house and as they are visiting those people one of their first questions is "How can I be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? I want to feel the way I did in your temple all the time!" Take time to watch this. It's beautiful and you might need a box of kleenex, I did.

No comments: