Sunday, April 11, 2010
La Gran Mision Buenos Aires Sur
Last weekend was busy but amazing! Many of you know that I served a mission in the Argentina Buenos Aires South mission. I can hardly believe I returned home 8 years ago this month! I haven't seen my mission president since the mission. He's from Mexico and they haven't had money to make the trip to Utah. This year we decided we wanted to see Presidente (Pte) and Hermana (Hna) Vazquez! So as missionaries we all contributed what we could to fly them to Utah and we spent as much time with them as possible. Here is a picture from the main reunion which happened friday night...this is only the middle section, my camera lens wasn't wide enough but the stage was completely filled!
This is a picture of Pte and Hna with all of the mission "grand kids." The oldest kids there were only 5 so it was a little crazy on the stage!
Saturday night during the priesthood session of conference I got together with a group of the hermanas. We sat and talked for over 3 hours! It was great to catch up on things and to tell mission stories. Pte arrived just in time to take a picture with us:
Sunday night was the highlight of the weekend. We got together again for a fireside. What an experience to sit at the feet of my mission president again! He reminded me of many things I learned on my mission and inspired me to be better. He even made us feel like old times when he called all of the hermanas up from the audience to sing the musical number (he used to do this at zone conferences, call people up to sing a song as a solo, a duet with your companion, or in a small group). Here I am with Pte and Hna after the fireside. He's a small man but a spiritual giant!
Mixed in with all the mission fun I enjoyed General Conference. For the Sunday afternoon session I enjoyed being in the conference center with my friend (her husband just started singing in the Tabernacle Choir this year). It was a spiritually motivating weekend and one I won't forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment