Consider love. Valentine's Day. Romance. Sugar. Shakespeare. It's an interesting time of year when love is expressed through chocolate and pre-fabbed sentiment. Read through the 'mush' section of the card racks and you begin to see that most of the stuff of Valentine's Day is based on the 'feelings' of love. In fact, love is largely considered a feeling that you want, have, lose or fall into accidentally....The differences between new love and true love are vast. The trick to lasting happiness is to make love last. To make it grow. Lasting love is built on much more than a feeling.
Love. Something interesting to ponder especially today being Valentine's Day. Ok, so I didn't write that first paragraph but I love how it is worded. I swiped it from a magazine I was reading this week.
This week I also saw Valentine's Day, the movie. It's a sappy story that shows all aspects of love. One of the parts that made me laugh the hardest was when a girl was talking about her relationship with her best friend "candy." She said she was going to end up an old lady with rotted teeth and a chocolate mustache. I know, it's a sad way to look at things but it still made me laugh. I love my chocolate too!
Of course as I think about love I can't help wishing for a "valentine" of my own to share it with BUT I know he'll come into my life someday. For now what matters is I know I'm loved! I feel love from my family, friends, and God every day of my life. Although, some days I need reminders. I'm so thankful for love and hope I express it enough to those who love me!
No comments:
Post a Comment