Monday, October 19, 2009
Are you a Mormon too?
It's been a busy Monday with half of my team out sick today! So long story short, that puts a lot of pressure on me. I was just talking with a man in English and he was telling his wife in Spanish what I was saying (that gives you an idea of how tired I am...too lazy to speak Spanish, my brain was too tired). After a few sentences it got too tedious though so I jumped in and commented in English about what they were saying in Spanish. The lady took one look at me and said (in Spanish), "you speak Spanish?" When I said yes she said "you must be Mormon, everybody is Mormon here and that's how they learn 2 languages. I'm Mormon and I'm trying to learn English." It made me laugh. I started talking in Spanish and told her yes, I learned Spanish on an LDS mission in Argentina. It's a good way to end the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment