Friday, August 28, 2009

An Emotional Moment

This week at work has been crazy to say the least. I think the most exciting moment happened Monday when 2 women started fighting in line because one thought the other jumped the line. Good thing we have a security guard who is always at the ready! I don't know what it is exactly but there's something about applying for government assistance that makes people emotional. Every day I see a whole spectrum of emotion. Here's a sampling of what I see:

Anger
Frustration
Demanding
Belittling
Carefree
Entitlement
Acceptance
Anticipation
Disgust
Joy
Fear
Frustration
Sadness
Surprise
Rage
Terror
Anxiety
Desire
Frustration
Happiness
Grief
Love
Aversion
Courage
Dejection
Despair
Hate
Hope
Did I mention Frustration?

I had a good laugh though when a lady came in totally drunk on Tuesday. She was just way too happy to be asking for food stamps! She wanted to shake my hand to thank me (which I followed up with a handful of hand sanitizer) and then she hugged nearly every person in line before leaving. When she walked out the door everyone started giggling. It was too funny!

So a few weeks ago I saw the movie Julie and Julia. The movie was great! Unlike the book which was a HUGE disappointment, as was the book The Time Traveler's Wife. Both movies are great but the books are so full of bad language I didn't get much past the first chapters. Anyway, back on track! After seeing Julie and Julia I couldn't help thinking that maybe someday someone would want to publish my blog and I could realize my dream of becoming a writer! Then I could escape the life of being a government employee! I know in reality the chance is slim to none that a publisher would be reading this and be interested in the ramblings of a state worker. A girl can dream can't she? Maybe the opportunity will still come up. I'll have to keep my eyes open and my fingers typing.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Good to know about The Time Traveler's Wife. Maybe someday if I become a publisher, then I can publish your blog and write a movie! :-)

Rachel said...

Lol! That would be fabulous. I think it's good to dream and have something to work towards.